Interfaith Engagement Educational Opportunity
An intensive week-long experiential engagement with the people, places, and practices of world religions in the city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, is being made available. This is no fee.
The experience involves:
- Celebration, educational opportunities, hospitality, rituals, spiritual practices, and worship services.
- Visits to sacred spaces to observe, meet, and engage with diverse faith communities.
- Participation in an intentional learning community, receiving a certificate.
Requirements for the Certificate
- Participate in a 1.5 hour session before and after the week-long events.
- Attend at least three of the thirteen faith events, and the interfaith celebration.
- Reflect on your experience during the week and share learning with others.
- Attend the Closing Celebration at Halifax Central Library on February 9, 2020
Who takes this program?
- People interested in learning and meeting their neighbours, and those of diverse ages, and ethnicities, as well as spiritual and secular beliefs.
- Participants from diverse fields such as health, education, immigration services, law enforcement, the military, religion, and others have participated each year.