Interfaith Engagement Educational Opportunity
An intensive week-long experiential engagement with the people, places, and practices of world religions in the city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, is being made available. This is no fee, but participants are required to register by January 16, 2017, and attend a pre- and post-session to reflect on the experiences.
Interfaith Engagement Program 2017, Poster (pdf)
The Experience Involves
- Celebration, educational opportunities, hospitality, rituals, spiritual practices, and worship services.
- Visits to sacred spaces to observe, meet, and engage with diverse faith communities.
- Participation in an intentional learning community, receiving a certificate.
Requirements for the Certificate
- Participate in a two-hour session before and after the week-long events.
- Attend at least three, out of twelve, faith communities, plus one interfaith celebration.
- Keep a reflective journal during the week and share learning with others.
Who takes this program?
- People interested in learning and meeting their neighbours, and those of diverse ages, and ethnicities, as well as spiritual and secular beliefs.
- An average of 35 participants from diverse fields such as health, education, immigration services, law enforcement, the military, religion, and others have participated each year.
Registration Deadline: Jan. 16 (late registrations will be considered)
Please register for ONE intro session:
Intro Session: Mon., Jan. 23, 3-5 pm or 7-9pm
Closing Session: Mon., Feb. 13, 3-5 pm or 7-9pm
Mount Peace Room (Evaristus – Floor 4C Room C410)
Numbers limited, please register early
For more info or to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
Info about UN World Interfaith Harmony Week