Interfaith Engagement Educational Opportunity
An intensive week-long experiential engagement with the people, places, and practices of world religions in the city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, is being made available. This is no fee.
Early Bird Registration by Jan 5th.
Participants are required to register by January 15, 2018, and attend a pre- and post-session to reflect on the experiences.
Interfaith Engagement Program 2018, Poster (pdf)
The Experience Involves
- Celebration, educational opportunities, hospitality, rituals, spiritual practices, and worship services.
- Visits to sacred spaces to observe, meet, and engage with diverse faith communities.
- Participation in an intentional learning community, receiving a certificate.
Requirements for the Certificate
- Participate in a 1.5 hour session before and after the week-long events.
- Attend at least three of the thirteen faith events, and the interfaith celebration.
- Reflect on your experience during the week and share learning with others.
Who takes this program?
- People interested in learning and meeting their neighbours, and those of diverse ages, and ethnicities, as well as spiritual and secular beliefs.
- Participants from diverse fields such as health, education, immigration services, law enforcement, the military, religion, and others have participated each year.
Registration Deadline: Jan. 15
Please register for ONE intro session:
Intro Session: Mon., Jan. 22, 3-4:30 pm OR 7-8:30 pm
5670 Spring Garden Road Suite 902 (corner of Brenton)
For more info or to register: email@example.com
Info about UN World Interfaith Harmony Week